Our Music Therapy Program offers a full-time internship program combining free educational classes with clinical experience. College students will receive opportunities to work with physical, occupational and speech therapists, as well as certified Child Life specialists, social workers, nurses, techs, certified nurse practitioners and physicians at Huntsville Hospital and Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children.
Areas of Service
- Adult In-patient Palliative Care
- Pediatric Hematology/Oncology
- Outpatient Pediatric Therapy and Audiology
- Adult Outpatient Infusion
Applicants must meet all pre-requisites before they can be considered for the internship. This includes an interview and audition with the instrument of your choice to evaluate music skill, therapy/clinical skills and professionalism.
How to Apply
- Application with official transcripts; Applications are due on March 1 of each year to begin the internship for the fall semester.
- Current resume
- Three signed recommendation/verification letters
- Written documentation from a university must be provided:
- Health/drug screen
- Criminal background check
- CPR Certification
- Professional liability insurance
- Negative TB skin test within the past three months (if previously tested positive, a chest x-ray is needed within the past year)
- Varicella titer drawn
- MMR vaccination
- COVID-19 vaccination
- Completed series of three Hepatitis-B vaccine or informed refusal of vaccine
- Tetanus/diphtheria booster is recommended if 10 years have elapsed since last booster
For more information, contact:
Kari Podboy , MT-BC Internship Director