Patient Family Advisory Council
The Patient and Family Advisory Council (PFAC) gives patients and families a way to take an active role in improving the patient experience at Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children. The council focuses on programs and practices that have the most successful patient and family experience and works to replicate and share those best practices across the organization. The PFAC is comprised of patients and family members, hospital leadership and physicians.
What is the purpose of PFAC?
- Improve communication between patients, families and staff
- Empower patients, families and staff through continuous education
- Identify and address all aspects of patient and family needs (body, mind, spirit) throughout the hospital experience
- Enhance cooperation among clinicians, patients and families for the benefit of the patient's health care team
- Protect the patient's dignity and assure safety
- Assure the best possible medical and emotional outcome for the patient and their family members
- Participate in the development and planning of patient and family satisfaction initiatives, new facilities and facility renovations
Members of PFAC are selected by nominations submitted by Huntsville Hospital department leadership and current PFAC members. Members serve a two-year term and attend and actively participate in meetings every other month.