Huntsville Hospital for Women & Children supports exclusive breastfeeding because of the proven health benefits. Our staff includes Internationally Board Certified Lactation Consultants (IBCLC) and maternity nurses with special training in breastfeeding support. We are available to assist new mothers with breastfeeding immediately after delivery and throughout the hospital stay.
Our lactation consultants also provide outpatient services for breastfeeding mothers, including:
- Free phone consultations
- Free outpatient visits by appointment with an IBCLC to create an individualized care plan and assist with any challenges
- Breastfeeding classes to help expectant mothers prepare for their new baby
- Pump rentals by appointment
- Breastfeeding support products are available for purchase. Certified bra fitters and lactation consultants are available by appointment to help you with your purchase. We accept flexible spending account (FSA) payments for Medela products
- Support groups offering information, advice and support for breastfeeding mothers
- Scale available to weigh your baby. No need to register.
Breastfeeding items are available in the Gift Shop and Breastfeeding Boutique.
The Breastfeeding Mothers Group
- In person: every Tuesday and 1st Saturday, 10 a.m. to noon, Women’s Pavilion, Room 120B, 910 Adams Street, Huntsville 35801
- Virtual meeting: Wednesdays, 10 a.m. via Zoom. Click here to join the Zoom meeting.